This Friday, March 2nd, we will be celebrating Read Across America Day. We will be celebrating with a parade of characters. If your child would like to dress up as one of his/her favorite characters you are more than welcome to. Costumes must be brought separately and students must wear standard attire during the day. Costumes must be related to a book and students may not wear masks or bring anything that resembles a weapon (no fake swords, guns, etc). This is not mandatory, it is simply to celebrate our love of literacy.
Parents, please don’t forget that there is the STEM Night on Thursday! What’s even better is that there will be books available for purchase. Please see the attached form. See you soon! Bring the money and forms to STEM night. Please do not send the money to school beforehand. If you choose, there is an option for online purchase. Thanks!
STEM Night is coming up on Thursday, March 1st. Students must be accompanied by a parent at STEM Night. No drop offs, please.
Hi! Wednesday is Valentines Day! Our class will do an exchange. Please have your child bring in a decorated box or bag to receive their Valentine’s Day treats. There are 25 children in our class. Please do not worry about individually addressing each treat/gift. Have your child simply do something like this:
This will help save some time (and a little Valentine’s Day chaos).
- Winter Break begins next week – February 19th – 23rd! Do something fun!
- Six Flags Reading logs are due soon! You may turn them in before the break, but no later than February 26th, the Monday we return from break.
- Please return all progress report receipts (the blue 1/2 sheets attached to your child’s progress report) by Monday, February 12th.
- Friday is Dress Down Day! Dress down for $1.
- Spelling Test on Sort 11 will be this Tuesday!
- There is a math test on Friday for “Comparing Fractions”.
Parents are you looking for community resources in the area? Check out our Counselors’ Blog for a few community resources!